Following the regulations issued by the state of Illinois, all worship services and other activities at the church are cancelled through April 30.
Online worship has proven to be a bit of a challenge to set up, especially since our devices seem to want to keep changing the rules! Here is what we have ended up with so far, and where you can find our worship services:
- Sundays March 22 and 29 are videos, on the church Facebook page.
- Sunday April 5 is in print form only, and can be read on the church Facebook page, or on the church website under “Sermons”.
- Maundy Thursday April 9 and Easter Sunday April 12 are videos, but you will need to go to the Facebook page “Laurie Williams” (and click on her photo) to find them.
We believe we have worked out the way to put remaining “Stay at Home” services in video form on the church Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199348923523091/
During this time of Stay at Home regulations, our Treasurer is able to pick up the mail at the church a couple times a week. We ask that those of you who are in a position to keep up with your intended giving please consider doing so, by mailing your contribution to the church (241 W. Court St., Paris).
In the coming week, please pray for:
- Our church, Yourself,
- Laurie, Rev. Rodger,
- Alice Sprague, Ilse Smilie,
- Virginia Collier – quick recovery from recent surgery,
- Kathy and Ilse Smilie: decisions on best caregiving
- Margie Taflinger, Betty Dahlin,
- Kenisha Davis, Kenisha’s grandfather,
- Camille Foley: upcoming surgery,
- Brad Baker – exposed to COVID-19, and has previous health conditions,
- An end to the Coronavirus & healing for those affected,
- All healthcare workers and their families
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
April 19 Karol Farris Schilling
21 Elizabeth Robson
23 Cole Spung
24 Kevin Farris
ENCOURAGE YOUR HEART WITH THE LIVING WORD OF GOD:
Psalm 46:1 GOD IS our Refuge and Strength, a very present and well-proved help in trouble.
Deuteronomy 31:6 (AMP) Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.
Romans 8:31 (AMP) What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]
Romans 15:3-4 (NIV) For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.