Every year our church offers the chance to participate in the Presbyterian Church USA’s four annual “Special Offerings,” each for their own unique projects, as well as a couple special offerings for some specific congregational projects. Usually these offerings are spread out through the calendar year, but this year there was a big chunk of that calendar in which we did not meet for worship! So between now and October, we will offer you the chance to “catch up” with whichever of the offerings you would like. We do not expect everyone to give to everything; here are your upcoming choices:
Early August – One Great Hour of Sharing (disaster assistance, hunger programs, self-development of people)
Late August – Pentecost Offering (programs for children, youth, young adults)
September – Our own Deacons’ ministries
October – Peace and Global Witness (local, regional, and worldwide peacemaking efforts)
Information on what each offering is used for will be provided; Aug. 2 & 9 bulletin inserts describe some of the people helped by One Great Hour of Sharing. (There are also “fish coin boxes” on the table at the back and by the Kafe, if you prefer that method).
Virtual Vacation Bible School: This year’s five-church cooperative VBS, which we are part of, was a “Virtual VBS,” which families can engage in together watching their computer or smartphone. Sessions were posted each day July 19 through 23, and can be viewed on our Facebook page. Each session runs 20 to 30 minutes and includes Bible stories, skits, and songs. It is intended primarily for ages Kindergarten through 5th grade, but is available, of course, for all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
Aug. 3 Meredith Penczek
6 Jim McColloch
In the coming week, please pray for:
- Our church, Yourself, Rev. Laurie, Rev. Rodger, Our nation and her leaders,
- Alice Sprague, Ilse Smilie, Betty Dahlin, Margie Taflinger,
- Virginia Collier, Kathy Smilie, Ruff’s niece Amy Eaker Lair: cancer,
- Jane Blair: heart cath & pressure test, Kenisha Davis,
- Camille Foley, Vicky Wilson, Grace DiPasquale: terminal cancer,
- Luigi Benaglio: life-threatening injuries, Pam Brown: reconstructive surgery,
- Jeannie Kerrick: severe pain, Hebermehl’s granddaughter, Jillian: cancer,
- An end to the Coronavirus & healing for those affected,
- All healthcare workers and their families