Spring Fling/Puppet Performance/Sunday, May 19
Sunday, May 19 is Spring Fling/ “Dig in the Dirt Day.” Our worship service–with guest speaker Jeanette Levellie–will be followed by an outdoor picnic lunch at 11:45 a.m., and after that we hope as many of you as possible will stay and help us clean up our church grounds and plant flowers.
The worship service will also feature a Puppet Presentation.
Please feel free to dress casually for the whole day.
Mother’s Day/Women of the Church Sunday, May 12
Next Sunday: We will celebrate “Mother’s Day/Celebrate the Gifts of Women Sunday,” to express gratitude for all the gifts that mothers and all women bring to the church. We will have a gift for each woman in attendance. Part of the celebration is a special Men’s Choir, to give our women choir members a “day off”; all men are invited to sing, and to come to the rehearsal Wednesday, May 8 at 7:00.
Easter Week Celebrations
PLEASE DON’T SKIP straight from the joyous celebration of Palm Sunday to the joyful celebration of Easter, without coming to worship to hear and reflect on what Jesus did for us on the terrible and important days in between. Be part of Holy Week worship:
- Thursday, April 18, 7:00 – Our Maundy Thursday service including the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper and a reading-and-music format (anthems, hymns and solos) in a gradually darkening sanctuary as we approach the darkness of Good Friday. The service will be preceded by a supper at 6:00 for all who can attend.
- Friday, April 19, Noon – The Paris Ministerial Fellowship presents its annual Community Good Friday worship service at St. Mary’s Catholic Church.
- Friday, April 19, 7:00 – We join the congregation of New Providence Presbyterian Church, at New Providence, for worship, reflecting on what Jesus did for us. The choir there will present a cantata.
- Sunday, April 21, 6:30 A.M. – A Sunrise Easter celebration at New Providence Presbyterian Church, with breakfast following.
- Sunday, April 21, 10:30 – Easter worship, including the resurrection story, special music, a puppet presentation, and a variety of colorful Easter flowers.
The next Paris Christian Youth Fellowship event is roller skating at the Paris Roller Rink, from 1:00 to 3:00 Sunday, Jan. 20. Youth grades 8 to 12 are invited to attend. Please bring $5 for [...]
Monday, December 24 worship, 11 P.M.: Midnight . . . Candlelight . . . “Silent Night” . . . That’s Christmas Eve. Please don’t miss our beautiful 11 P.M. to Midnight Candlelight Christmas Eve service. [...]
Join the laughter at 6:00 on Sunday, December 16 for the fun-filled Puppet Christmas Musical, featuring the program “Star Search,” in which some of heaven’s stars are doing their best to stand out and shine [...]