Easter Week Celebrations
PLEASE DON’T SKIP straight from the joyous celebration of Palm Sunday to the joyful celebration of Easter, without coming to worship to hear and reflect on what Jesus did for us on the terrible and important days in between. Be part of Holy Week worship:
- Thursday, April 18, 7:00 – Our Maundy Thursday service including the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper and a reading-and-music format (anthems, hymns and solos) in a gradually darkening sanctuary as we approach the darkness of Good Friday. The service will be preceded by a supper at 6:00 for all who can attend.
- Friday, April 19, Noon – The Paris Ministerial Fellowship presents its annual Community Good Friday worship service at St. Mary’s Catholic Church.
- Friday, April 19, 7:00 – We join the congregation of New Providence Presbyterian Church, at New Providence, for worship, reflecting on what Jesus did for us. The choir there will present a cantata.
- Sunday, April 21, 6:30 A.M. – A Sunrise Easter celebration at New Providence Presbyterian Church, with breakfast following.
- Sunday, April 21, 10:30 – Easter worship, including the resurrection story, special music, a puppet presentation, and a variety of colorful Easter flowers.
Fluorescent Easter Egg Hunt for Youth
The next event of the Paris Christian Youth Fellowship will be a “Fluorescent Easter Egg Hunt” (bring a flashlight!) Sunday, April 14, from 7 to 9 p.m. at First Methodist Church Park.
Youth grades 7 to 12 are invited to attend: bring that flashlight, and a bag for all the goodies you find.
Puppet People Make Their Debut Sunday, April 14 at 11:30
Our children’s Sunday School class has been making “puppet people” who act out the various Bible stories the class reads together. The Puppet People will be on display at our April 14 Fellowship Time, at 11:30, and we invite you to come by “their table” and meet them.