PARIS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH ANNOUNCEMENTS
Happy Mother’s Day and Celebrate Women!
Following the regulations issued by the state of Illinois, all worship services and other activities at the church are cancelled through May 30.
Our weekly worship services consisting of Call to Worship, Scripture readings, sermon, and prayer are videos on the church Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/199348923523091/ It is an open page, so anyone with internet can visit, not just those with their own Facebook accounts.
During this time of Stay at Home regulations, our Treasurer is able to pick up the mail at the church a couple times a week. We ask that those of you who are in a position to keep up with your intended giving please consider doing so, by mailing your contribution to the church (241 W. Court St., Paris).
Our presbytery is offering a Zoom discussion on “Returning to Public Worship” for anyone interested, on Thursday May 14 at 1:00: How do we prepare for a return to in-person worship? How do we keep worship participants safe? What if someone comes without a face covering? And other related questions. Please contact Rev. Rodger, using his church email, if you would like to participate, and he will send you the link. There is also a printed resource from our denomination which will be attached to the email he would forward to you, if you would prefer to read about the relevant issues.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
May 10 Andy Keys
11 Brianna Blair
12 Bill Craun
14 Mary Anna Ludington
15 Betty Piper
16 Sara McCrocklin
In the coming week, please pray for:
- Our church, Yourself, Laurie, Rev. Rodger,
- Alice Sprague, Ilse Smilie, Virginia Collier – physical therapy at hospital,
- Kathy and Ilse Smilie: decisions on best caregiving, Margie Taflinger,
- Betty Dahlin, Kenisha Davis, Kenisha’s aunt Lynette Englum,
- Ruff’s niece Amy Eaker Lair: cancer, Camille Foley: upcoming surgery,
- Steve Blair’s cousin following a sudden death in the family,
- An end to the Coronavirus & healing for those affected,
- All healthcare workers and their families
Deuteronomy 31:6 (AMP) Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.
Romans 8:31 (AMP) What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]